Sunday, December 27, 2009

Breaking in a New Sketchbook


Got a new sketchbook from a friend for Christmas and decided to christen it today at the Ajax waterfront. It was very cold although the wind was fairly light. As luck would have it...... they had built a new little bridge (tiny actually) .. just by the pavilion. It just covers a little run-off area.... but me and bridges are always in love !!!!
Klaus went off ahead while I took literally 5 minutes to create the first sketch of the new bridge in my new book. I sketch with a staedtler pigment black liner (made in Germany of course) the ink is archival and acid free..... this info is only relevant to my art friends I guess :)
I caught up with Klaus at the iron bridge and we quickly decided that we'd had enough of the cold.
The attached picture is not from today but another winter sketching at the same place.

No comments:

Post a Comment