Friday, December 17, 2010

My 15 seconds....


Well, they say every dog has his 15 seconds of fame..... here's mine, at least for now!
Ajax Mayor Steve Parish honoured my work by purchashing this painting of the town's waterfront. He is shown in the photo presenting it, along with myself, to his associate Cherry as a retirement gift. He did the presentation at the inaugeral Council meeting in Dec.
On to other art happenings....... my artwork was selected into the juried exhibition at Whitby Station Gallery and Klaus and I attended the opening last Saturday. I'm certainly in some good company there with only about a third of the entries being selected for the show.
Cultural Expressions Gallery held a show of small works for the Christmas season and had a very successful opening where three of my pieces sold..... kind of a thrill because I was there when the pieces came off the wall.
Just finished some commissions that are being delivered today so the studio is a little quiet right now.
I'm off school for two whole weeks so I'm going to sleep in and just enjoy the holiday.
Merry Christmas to everyone and hope all your wishes for the new year come true.

No comments:

Post a Comment